Leak? Try fitting abmWaterstop. It could not be easier, whether you are a seasoned professional or a DIYer, following these easy steps will have your shower, bath or kitchen worktops sealed permanently.
abmWaterstop® has been perfected and approved by a trusted team of professionals, and is unique in the market place. Fitted correctly, it will permanently seal your shower tray, bath or work surface. A lifetime without a leak!
Permanently sealing your shower...
- Make sure that the surfaces of your shower tray, bath or worktop are clean, dry and dust-free.
- Affix the supplied butyl tape to the edges you wish to seal, just below the horizontal surface of the appliance.
- Remove the protective backing.
That little bit extra seal!
- Starting at one end, feed the seal along the straight edge first, affixing the area under the protruding lip to the butyl tape, and ensuring that the lip sits flat to the horizontal surface of the appliance.
- Any readjustment is very easy - simply peel off and realign as you go.
- When you reach the first corner, make a small "v" shaped cut in the protruding lip - this will allow the lip to lie flat as you form the bend.
- Overlap the lip at the corner and continue along the next straight edge, ensuring that the bend is generous and the seal not stretched too tightly: it should fit comfortably into the wall corner or housing.
- Continue to attach the seal, repeating the corner process where necessary, and when fitted, place the appliance into its final position...Well done!!
- Ensure the first course is bedded tight to the lip.
- If the sides of your tiles are irregular (and you are a perfectionist!), you can chamfer the bottom edge of your first row of tiles.
- All sizes and thicknesses of tiles can be accommodated.
- After grouting, neatly trim any surplus lip.
- No silicone is technically required*.
*The application of a bead of silicone will not compromise the efficacy of the seal and may be used according to personal taste; however its addition is not required.
That's how easy permanently sealing your shower, bath or worktop is... you're done!
Alternatively, watch our fitting video
Watch the fitting tutorial video below, which demonstrates the application of the amazing abmWaterstop® kitchen and bathroom seal.
Extra hassle to prevent a leak? Forget it!
abmWaterstop® is straightforward and easy to fit, and after tiling, you will be left with nothing but a clean white line between tile and appliance. And what’s more – the application of an external bead of silicone is entirely down to personal taste. What was once the only barrier against leaks is now merely a matter of cosmetics!
abmWaterstop® has been perfected and approved by a trusted team of professionals, and is unique in the market place. Fitted correctly, it will permanently seal your shower tray, bath or work surface. A life without a leak!